Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Hoover Library SF & F Festival

Thank you to Pat, Krysten, Jeremy, Corey, and the fantastic staff at the Hoover Library for their perfect hospitality. If you live near Hoover, Alabama and you've never been to this library, it is gorgeous, with separate sections, a business center, a cafe, and art gallery.












And thank you to Ingrid Seymour for being a gracious interviewer. Not being a selfie person, I forgot to take one, but here's a picture of one of her books which I bought and had her sign:



Below are the other cool books and art I bought from Alabama artists and authors. Missing (but listed below) are the ones I also wanted, but didn't have time to pick up: Lucian by Van Allen Plexico, Ghost Gal by Bobby Nash (these 2 authors conducted a hilarious and informative panel on the state of SF), and Thrones and Bones by Lou Anders, and a fantasy print by David LaRocca.



(Keeper by Ingrid Seymour, Summer Gothic edited by Jared Millet, a print by Ali Duke (nightshadepromise.deviantart.com), The Arthur Paladin Chronicles by David Alastair Hayden, and Finder by Pepper Thorn.)






Print by David LaRocca (http://www.artbylarocca.com/)




All in all, I had a great time, (even though I missed the costume contest), and I met some fantastic authors and artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment