Thursday, January 5, 2017
20 Questions to ask your Main Characters
I've read ways to make your characters more unique, but I thought I'd share this list of what I ask as I'm creating their profiles. I don't even use most of it in the actual books, but it helps to make the characters more vivid to me. Some are ordinary questions, some are odd, and some seem to be about the end of the world...
1) What childhood toy do you remember the most?
2) What is your spirituality?
3) What physical activity do you enjoy the most?
4) What animal species would you save at the end of the world?
5) What childhood book made an impression on you?
6) How are you feeling at this point?
7) What is your perfect day or evening?
8) What do you like to do when you're idle?
9) What would your last meal be?
10) What's your favorite movie?
11) Science or the supernatural?
12) Who's your favorite relative?
13) What country would you most like to visit?
14) Would you rather be a king/queen, general, ambassador, or revolutionary?
15) What is your favorite sound?
16) If you could make up a holiday, what would it be?
17) Which famous deceased person would you most like to meet?
18) Which 3 possessions would you grab if you had to leave in a hurry?
19) What's your current grievance?
20) Why should anyone be interested in/follow you as a main character?